Sholem's Spinach Cheese Pie/Borekas
- baked pie shell or boreka crust
- 1 Tbs olive oil or butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed (optional)
- 3/4 to 1 lb spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 lb ricotta, farmer or mild soft white cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup feta, parmesan, cheddar or other sharp cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°. Meanwhile,
- Saute onions and garlic in butter until soft.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Drain any excess liquid and cook a little longer.
- In a separate bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into baked pie shell or wrap with filo dough or other boreka crust.
- (for pie:) Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes, until brown on top and
a knife comes out clean.
- (for borekas): Bake at 350° for 40-60 minutes, depending on size and thickness, until crust is crispy.
You are visitor number
since Oct 1, 2004.