Ricotta Sufganiot (Doughnuts)
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Italian 00 flour
- 1 Tbs confectioners sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp anise extract or ½ tsp Cointreau or ¼ tsp cardamom
- grapeseed or other high temperature oil for deep frying
- Mix ricotta and eggs until smooth.
- Mix in remaining ingredients (except oil).
- Heat 1" of oil until a drop of water bounces. Deep fry rounded teaspoons of the batter until puffed and brown, turning once, about 1 minute each side. Don't overcrowd.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle each sufgania with a bit of confectioner's sugar and a squeeze of lemon.
You are visitor number since 2017.