Mike's Low Rise Pizza
- 2 cups Italian AA flour, 1 cup semolina flour & 3-5 tsp gluten OR 3 cups high gluten flour or 3 all purpose flour and 3-5 tsp gluten
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp active yeast
- Mix ingredients and knead 5 minutes in stand mixer.
- Form dough into a ball
- Coat bowl with olive oil; place dough in bowl seam side up and turn seam side down.
- Let rise for 2 hours, folding or punching down every half hour.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pre-heat baking stone in oven at highest temperature for 30-45 min. Meanwhile, allow cheeses and other ingredients to come to room temperature.
- Stretch and shape into 2 12 inch pizza, using lots of flour to ensure it slides well.
- Add small amount of sauce, mozzarella and other toppings.
- Bake approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add basil leaves after removing pizza from oven.
One can of crushed tomatoes,
6 oz sun-dried tomatoes, ½ onion, sauteed, garlic, 4 bay leaves,oregano, thyme and/or rosemary, 1 chili (no seeds).
Cook on low heat until thick, then blend to smooth. This makes enough for 4-6 12 inch pizzas.
You are visitor number since 2017.