Hot and Sour Soup
(for when take-out just won't do)
- 6 dried wood ear mushrooms
- 4 dried chinese black mushrooms
- 6 cups stock
- 2 tsp salt (omit if using boullion or other salty stock)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbs cornstarch
- 3 Tbs water
- 3 Tbs soy
- 2-3 Tbs vinegar
- 1 tsp worcestershire
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbs scallion, thin sliced
- 2 Tbs chopped or grated ginger
- Soak mushrooms until soft. Cut into slivers.
- Slice tofu, scallions into strips.
- Heat to a boil: stock, salt, sugar, mushrooms.
- Mix cornstarch in water, and add to stock, stirring.
- Mix soy, vinegar, worchestershire, sesame oil and pepper. Add to stock and bring to a boil.
- Beat eggs and add to soup, stirring.
- Remove from heat. Add scallion, ginger and tofu and serve.
Return to Ganzeh Galus Guide Home Page.
More Jewish food and
recipes from Ganzeh Galus Guide.
You are visitor number
since 17 Av 5764