A mess of lentils
(nazid adashim adom - worth a birthright)
- 1/4 lb red lentils
- 1 1/2 Tbs butter
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed or chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- 1 Tbs cayenne
- 2 oz grated coconut
- 1 Tbs vinegar
- Rinse lentils and cook in twice as much water until half done
- Fry onions, garlic, cumin, pepper, mustard, cayenne and coconut in butter
- Add to lentils with vinegar and salt
- Simmer until really soft.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve hot with bread to famished hunters for best results.
You are visitor number since May 1, 2008.