Arlene's New York Farmer
Cheese (or Ricotta)
- 3 packages (7.5 oz each)
Farmer cheese -- or a 21 oz container of ricotta
- 1 or 2 eggs
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar (half cup if using a whole wheat crust)
- handful of graham cracker
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest or
lemon juice (optional)
- zwieback or graham cracker
crust with cinnamon (see Joy of Cooking p 642), unbaked.
- Beat eggs. Mix with cheese,
vanilla, sugar and enough graham cracker crumbs to hold it all together.
If you like, add the zest of a lemon, or 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Place into zwieback or graham
cracker crust made with cinnamon. (directions for making crust in Joy
of Cooking, p 642)
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree
oven until dry, about 25 minutes.
You are visitor number since Thanksgiving 2002