Sour Cream Lukshen (noodles)
- 1 pound long flat lukshen (e.g., fettucine)
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup hard sharp cheese, grated (e.g., cheddar, provolone,
gouda, Gabriel, feta, etc.)
- Cook pasta to al dente. While it is cooking, get the sauce
- Place butter in Yahrzeit tea glass, place in microwave and
heat for 35 seconds at full heat until melted. Clean up the
overflow and pay more attention next time.
- Beat the egg yolk with a fork and mix with sour cream until
- Grate the cheeses and mix them together.
- Drain the pasta and return to the hot pot.
- Pour melted butter onto noodles and mix until well coated.
- Pour in sour cream/egg mixture and mix.
- Mix in cheeses.
- Esse (but not too much, it's bad for your heart)!
You are visitor number
since Oct 1, 2004.