Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake
- 2 pounds ricotta, best possible
- 6 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup Italian 00 flour (can be omitted for Passover)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Lemon or citrus zest (2 lemons, Meyer are my favorite)
- Separate the eggs. Whip egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a food processor.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Bake for 1 hr-1.5 hours at 350, until brown on the top and a knife comes out clean.
- Chill several hours to overnight.
- While the cake is in the oven i like to make a syrup with fresh citrus juice and sugar to drizzle on top.
I've used grapefruit, clementine, and lemon and Meyer lemon in different combinations.
If you don't want to make a syrup you can add a couple tablespoons lemon juice to the batter to give it a bit more flavor.
You are visitor number since 2019.