Sesame Noodles (Thick Sauce Style)
(for when take-out just won't do)
- 1 lb linguine or angel-hair
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbs tea or water
- 2 Tbs dark soy sauce
- 2 Tbs tahina or Chinese sesame paste
- 1 Tbs peanut oil
- 1 Tbs sherry
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, minced fine
- 1 1/2 tsp chili oil
- black pepper
- lots of chopped green onion
- Cook noodles & toss with sesame oil. This can be done up to 2 days in advance; store in fridge.
- Make sauce by mixing remaining ingredients except green onion. This sauce can be made up to one week in advance -- store in fridge, but bring to room temperature before proceeding.
- Toss pasta with sauce and green onions.
- Serve at room temperature.
Sesame Noodles (Two Seeds Style)
- 1 Tbs dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbs light soy sauce
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- a few grinds of pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbs black sesame seeds
- 1 Tbs white sesame seeds
- 1 lb cappellini or similar thin noodles
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- Mix sauce ingredients together.
- Toast sesame seeds over a low flame for one minute.
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente.
- Toss noodles with 1 Tbs sesame oil, then add the sauce and toss again. Then add the sesame seeds and toss again.
Return to Ganzeh Galus Guide Home Page.
More Jewish food and
recipes from Ganzeh Galus Guide.
You are visitor number
since 17 Av 5764