(A Hungarian Sour Cream Special)
- 1 1/2 Tbs butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp salt
- lots of pepper
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 1/2 Tbs flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Saute onions in butter until golden.
- Add mushrooms and saute 3-5 minutes until they just begin giving up their juices.
- Add spices and flour and cook 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sour cream and warm very gently -- do not let boil or the sour cream will curdle.
- Serve on toast, crustini or whole wheat matzah as a very rich appetizer.
Return to Ganzeh Galus Guide Home Page.
More Jewish food and
recipes from Ganzeh Galus Guide.
You are visitor number
since 17 Av 5764