Gazpacho - Cold Tomato Soup
- 6 big tomatoes, or 10 plum tomatoes, the best you can find, cut into wedges
- 2 Persian cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- (optional) 1/2 fresh hot chili pepper, red or green, seeded and chopped
- small handful of parsley or basil
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup ice water
- Dump half the vegetables into a food processor and swirl until smooth. Move to a bowl and do the same with the other half.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients, except the water. Then add the water slowly, tasting (you may not want this much).
- Refrigerate, preferably for at least an hour.
- Serve with chopped onions, green & red peppers, cucumbers, and/or avocado, and/or bread crumbs as garnish.
Return to Ganzeh Galus Guide Home Page.
More Jewish food and recipes from Ganzeh Galus Guide.
You are visitor number
since July, 2013.