Curriculum Vita- Grants
My complete vita is available by clicking here. Below is a summary of my educational, scholarly, and professional qualifications.
Pending Grants and Contracts
- Co-PI, CORFO- the Chilean Economic Development Agency. $635,000. Pending. "Identification of problems between wildlife and livestock in Magallanes, Chile".
- Co-PI, New York Department of Transportation. $285,000. Pending. "Assessing corridors of connectivity: Movement patterns of terrestrial carnivores between Sterling Forest and Harriman State Parks".
- Co-PI, US State Department. $75,000. Pending. "Puma predation on sheep in the region of Torres del Paine National Park and UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Magallanes, Chile: Conserving top predators and local livelihoods".
- Co-PI, Weeden Foundation. $5,000. Pending. "Puma predation on sheep in the region of Torres del Paine National Park and UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Magallanes, Chile: Conserving top predators and local livelihoods".
Previous Grants and Contracts
- Co-PI, Rockerfeller Brothers Fund. $4,600. “Identifying rare carnivores on Rockerfeller lands.”
2007 - Present
- Co-PI, Chilean Livestock and Agriculture Service (SAG). $30,000. “Predator-prey dynamics of pumas, sheep, and guanacos in the region of Torres del Paine National Park, Magallanes, Chile.”
- Co-PI, Pinellas County, Florida. $200,000. "Ecological Effects of Sub-Urban Coyote in the Brooker Creek Preserve and Surrounding Areas."
- Co-PI, Mosaic Phosphate Company. $56,000. "Translocation of the Fort Lonesome Burrowing Owl population: Effects of Survival, Behavior, Site Fidelity, Dispersal, Home Range, and Nesting."
- Co-PI, U.S. Department of Defense. 20,000. “Surveys for threatened and endangered species on Madill Air Force Base, Tampa.”
- PI, Globalization and Research Center, US Department of Education. $20,000. “Economics, sustained use, and conservation of vicuñas in Bolivia.”
- PI, University of South Florida, New Researcher Award. $10,000. “Antipredator ploys and foraging tactics of predator naïve and predator savvy conspecifics.”
- Co-PI, Morris Animal Foundation. $287,000. “An Integrated (Coding Gene and Microsatellite Marker) Radiation Hybrid Map of the Alpaca.”
- PI, Globalization Research Center Travel Grant. $2,650. “Conservation and economic utilization of vicuñas in Bolivia amidst economic exploitation.”
- PI, Latin American and Caribbean Studies, USF. $1,000. “Conservation and economic utilization of vicuñas in Bolivia amidst economic exploitation.”
- NIH Intramural Research Training Award (IRTA), National Cancer Institute.
- Co-PI, Turner Endangered Species Fund. $8,000
- PI, NOAHS Research Grant, Smithsonian Institution. $12,000
- Professional Advancement Grant, Iowa State University. $750.00
1990 & 1991
- PI, Organization of American States Research Fellowship. $15,000
- PI, National Science Foundation. $13,000
- PI, Latin American Studies Program, Iowa State University. $5,000
- Sigma Xi Grant-in-Aid. $300
- University of Nevada-Reno, Department of Biology. $300